Ben and I are back from Mexico! Our vacation was amazing and I really wish we were still there. Alas, back to reality. Sigh.
- The food was absolutely amazing! We stayed at El Dorado Royale, a gourmet inclusive resort, so the food was top notch. They have 7 restaurants plus a few gourmet corners, and you can literally order as much as you want. The portions are gourmet size, and oh so perfect. We often ordered 3 courses, yum!
- The weather. Rainy season in Mexico starts in April and lasts for 6 months. We missed it! The weather was beautiful the entire time we were there. Mostly sunny with some cloud cover, 80s, no extreme humidity, and a nice breeze. My hair did hate the slight humidity and the salty ocean breeze though… curl and poof!
- Lounging by the pool (in one of the many cabanas) drinking unlimited cocktails. They have a signature drink called the “Dirty Monkey” which is ice blended with chocolate and some sort of banana liqueur. So tasty and refreshing!
- The staff. Everyone went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. I highly recommend going to El Dorado Royale if you’re interested in vacationing in Mexico.
- Snorkeling at the resort’s beach. Schools of fish galore, and it was so surreal swimming with them all. I’m pretty sure we saw a barracuda. The ocean water was so clear and blue.
- We only did one excursion and it was to Tulum, an ancient Mayan city. Our tour guide Melina was very knowledgeable and it was all very interesting. Also, the beach at Tulum is ridiculously beautiful so that was an added bonus.
- And last but certainly not least… quality time with my Benjamin! I love him.
View all our photos here.