Life is busy! And that means time is really flying by. Mila is 8 months old, and I seriously cannot even begin to believe it. Wasn’t she born just last week? No. Really? REALLY?!
The biggest change this past month has been her voice! She is starting to babble consonants now, and it’s just so precious. She first started with, “Ba ba ba ba” and the moved on to “Da da da da” and now finally she says “Ma ma ma ma”… but I don’t really consider it “Mama” at this point. I’m not that naive, haha!
She’s also been pretty fussy and clingy lately. If I am in the same room as her she NEEDS me to hold her. And if I’m not holding her, or if I leave the room, she cries and cries. I’ll admit that it’s cute, and I’m awfully flattered, but I know we need to draw the line a bit. It’s typical around 8 months for this to happen though, so we’ll take it in stride.
Her hair is growing quite a bit, evident from the picture below! It seems to be growing in lighter than when she was born… maybe she’ll have dirty blonde hair 🙂 Her eyes are still blueish, and they also have brown flecks. They are really pretty… I hope they stay!
Christmas is next week, and I am SO excited to spend 2 whole weeks with Mila, Elliot, and Ben. We are driving up to NJ to visit my family, and I’m SO ready! ❤
Leading up to 6 months was pretty uneventful in terms of milestones for Mila (as evident from my lackluster blog post), but she’s changed a lot this past month!
- Sitting up unassisted like a champ! This seemed to happen overnight. The day before she turned 7 months it just happened. She will wobble a little here and there, but she is having no problems sitting up on her own for minutes on end.
- Rolling over. She can roll over from tummy to back, but hates it. And she’s never quite figured out how to roll from back to tummy. Shrug.
- More hair! Ben calls her “coconut head” and her coconut hair is growing growing. I can’t really tell what color it’s going to be, but definitely darker than Elliot’s nearly white locks.
- Loves baby-wearing! Our lovely friends Reese and Jarrett gave us their Moby Wrap since their daughter didn’t like it. Well, Mila LOVES it. She is so content to be worn.
- Naps are finally starting to fall into place again after them being absolutely terrible for nearly 2 months. She is taking 2 long naps and an optional 3rd catnap near the end of the day if she needs it.
- Height and weight… I’m not sure of her stats at the moment, but she’s still long and lean. She’s in size 3 diapers!
Until next month…
Has another month really gone by already?! No way.
Dear sweet Mila is 5 months old and thriving! She’s changed a lot this past month, and it’s very exciting yet sad at the same time. Ben and I have decided not to have any more children so knowing she is our last is really bittersweet. I’m trying my best to cherish every milestone knowing we’ll never experience these moments again.
So, what’s new you ask? Well..
- Rolling over! She’s only rolled over a few times, but it’s an accomplishment nonetheless!
- Weighs about 14 lbs. We don’t know exactly how much she weighs, but first weighing myself, then myself with her she’s about 14 lbs. Growing gal indeed.
- Attempting to sit unsupported! She’s not quite there yet, but she’s getting so much stronger.
- We tried dropping her dream feed, but she ended up waking up early in the morning so we decided to keep it until she’s established on solids.
- Belly laughs! Her jovial sounds make me smile from ear to ear!
- Check out her precious smile below… I mean, she’s just darling am I right? 🙂
Until next month…
I’m originally from New Jersey, so I’m no stranger to the snow, but snow in Hampton Roads is a BIG deal — mostly because we are so ill-equipped to handle it. On Tuesday-Wednesday we got 8+ inches, which pretty much shut everything down for the week. It’s Friday now and things are just starting to get back to normal since the temperatures are finally getting high enough to melt the snow and ice. I haven’t left the house in 4 days and I’m getting cabin fever. Ah! Though I’m being extra careful since I’m pregnant, and my coworker fell on some black ice last week and shattered his elbow. Eeeek! Pregnant ladies don’t need to be falling at all, period, so I’ve been nestled on the couch with Eegor for 4 days now, working from home — thank goodness!
This year Elliot is finally old enough to realize what the snow is and he loves it! He exclaims, “Snow, snow!” and repeatedly tells Ben and I that it’s the color white. He doesn’t have any real snow gear so he’s been donning some sweet shark rain boots and extra layers while he plays outside with Ben (and I watch contently from the window).
I was really hoping for snow this year. I’m so happy we got some!
It’s been almost a year since I made any updates to this blog. Can you believe it?! I’ve never been really good about updating, so I don’t think anyone really missed my posts, but alas, here I am.
Some BIG news…
We bought a house — a SINGLE family house that is more than 2 times the size of our old townhouse (which we are renting out). It’s not perfect, but we’re slowly making updates. Having the extra space is amazing.
We’re expecting baby #2! That’s right, Elliot is going to be a big brother. I’m currently 31 weeks pregnant with a GIRL. I’m so so excited.
I’ll be on maternity leave in 2 months, so I figured I may as well resurrect this space so I can post updates about baby girl while I have the time. Will I have time? We’ll see, haha!