Oh my darling Mila! 9 months old already (almost 10 as I’m writing this weeks late), and so much has changed in such a short amount of time.
Crawling. It happened… mobility! Mila started army crawling, and she’s getting quick. She’ll see my iPhone on the floor and quickly inch her way over while making this “Ahhhehehhh” sound. Haha! I can tell she is so proud of herself. It’s funny, I was worried she wasn’t crawling and asked Ben if we should maybe talk to the doctor about it, and then BAM. A crawler she is!
She’s also taking assisted steps, but I think it’ll be a while before she’s really cruising or walking. She’s interested though so that’s a good thing.
Waving and clapping. At her 9 month well visit, her pediatrician asked if she was clapping or waving. I said “no”, got worried, but then realized no one has tried teaching her yet. So after a few days of teaching her how, she did it! It’s awfully cute.
She’s 15lbs 10oz and 28 inches long. My long and lean little babe. Her pediatrician said she’s right on track for her growth curve.
Still no teeth. Crazy, right?! Elliot got his first when he was 8 months, and Mila is still toothless. She’s teething pretty fierce right now though, so I bet some will pop out soon.
Until next month! ❤
Life is busy! And that means time is really flying by. Mila is 8 months old, and I seriously cannot even begin to believe it. Wasn’t she born just last week? No. Really? REALLY?!
The biggest change this past month has been her voice! She is starting to babble consonants now, and it’s just so precious. She first started with, “Ba ba ba ba” and the moved on to “Da da da da” and now finally she says “Ma ma ma ma”… but I don’t really consider it “Mama” at this point. I’m not that naive, haha!
She’s also been pretty fussy and clingy lately. If I am in the same room as her she NEEDS me to hold her. And if I’m not holding her, or if I leave the room, she cries and cries. I’ll admit that it’s cute, and I’m awfully flattered, but I know we need to draw the line a bit. It’s typical around 8 months for this to happen though, so we’ll take it in stride.
Her hair is growing quite a bit, evident from the picture below! It seems to be growing in lighter than when she was born… maybe she’ll have dirty blonde hair 🙂 Her eyes are still blueish, and they also have brown flecks. They are really pretty… I hope they stay!
Christmas is next week, and I am SO excited to spend 2 whole weeks with Mila, Elliot, and Ben. We are driving up to NJ to visit my family, and I’m SO ready! ❤
Leading up to 6 months was pretty uneventful in terms of milestones for Mila (as evident from my lackluster blog post), but she’s changed a lot this past month!
- Sitting up unassisted like a champ! This seemed to happen overnight. The day before she turned 7 months it just happened. She will wobble a little here and there, but she is having no problems sitting up on her own for minutes on end.
- Rolling over. She can roll over from tummy to back, but hates it. And she’s never quite figured out how to roll from back to tummy. Shrug.
- More hair! Ben calls her “coconut head” and her coconut hair is growing growing. I can’t really tell what color it’s going to be, but definitely darker than Elliot’s nearly white locks.
- Loves baby-wearing! Our lovely friends Reese and Jarrett gave us their Moby Wrap since their daughter didn’t like it. Well, Mila LOVES it. She is so content to be worn.
- Naps are finally starting to fall into place again after them being absolutely terrible for nearly 2 months. She is taking 2 long naps and an optional 3rd catnap near the end of the day if she needs it.
- Height and weight… I’m not sure of her stats at the moment, but she’s still long and lean. She’s in size 3 diapers!
Until next month…
I’m nearly a month late with this post, but luckily I didn’t forget to take pictures 🙂
I’m going to keep it short and sweet since I’ll be posting again soon for her 7 month update…
Our precious Mila Marta turned 6 months old on October 5th, and the following week she had a pediatrician appointment where we learned that she weighs 13.9 lbs and is 27 inches long. She’s doing great!
Has another month really gone by already?! No way.
Dear sweet Mila is 5 months old and thriving! She’s changed a lot this past month, and it’s very exciting yet sad at the same time. Ben and I have decided not to have any more children so knowing she is our last is really bittersweet. I’m trying my best to cherish every milestone knowing we’ll never experience these moments again.
So, what’s new you ask? Well..
- Rolling over! She’s only rolled over a few times, but it’s an accomplishment nonetheless!
- Weighs about 14 lbs. We don’t know exactly how much she weighs, but first weighing myself, then myself with her she’s about 14 lbs. Growing gal indeed.
- Attempting to sit unsupported! She’s not quite there yet, but she’s getting so much stronger.
- We tried dropping her dream feed, but she ended up waking up early in the morning so we decided to keep it until she’s established on solids.
- Belly laughs! Her jovial sounds make me smile from ear to ear!
- Check out her precious smile below… I mean, she’s just darling am I right? 🙂
Until next month…
Another month has gone by and I can’t believe it!
Mila’s 4 month pediatrician visit was on Friday and we found out that she weighs 12lbs 6oz and is 25 1/4 long. Lean and long, just like Elliot was and still is, hehe. (Elliot is potty trained BTW, whaaaat?!)
She also got 3 vaccinations and has been super fussy all weekend. It’s strange because Elliot was never phased by anything when he was a baby — vaccinations, teething — nothing. Mila is quite the opposite though. Well, they do say every baby is different!
Nighttime sleep has slowly gotten better. On good nights Mila can go 9 hours without feeding. I’m starting to feel like a human again, instead of an exhausted blob. Yay! Hopefully soon I can drop her dream feed and she’ll be able to go 12 hours. Crossing my fingers!
I love Mila’s personality. She loves watching Elliot, and she’s usually very smiley and content. I love having a girl so much. I can’t wait to paint her nails and teach her to how to makeup on (when she’s 20, haha).
My oh my! My sweet little Mila is 3 months old!
Not much has changed schedule wise since her 2 month update, but she’s definitely more alert and more smiley. Elliot has also started interacting with het a lot more lately. He loves to help… gets her paci, turns on her sound machine, closes her curtains, etc. It’s really sweet. He pronounces her name “Meeya” and the best thing of all, he gives her kisses on the head! Every time he does it I want to cry rivers of happy tears.
She’s not yet sleeping through the night which is completely exhausting, especially since I need to be alert and focused at work all day. Elliot was sleeping through the night by 10 weeks old so this is new to me. I really hope things start to improve soon.
This week we weaned her from the swaddle, which has proved to be fairly easy (thank goodness!). She was waking herself up at night and during naps getting her arms caught halfway out so I decided it was time to see it go.
Until next month ❤
It boggles my mind that our dearest Mila is 2 months old already! We just got back from her 2 month well visit at the pediatrician’s office and she is a healthy little lady! Here’s where she stands:
- Stats: 10lbs 4oz, 24 inches long
- Takes 4 naps a day, but her last nap is more like a catnap
- Nurses every 3 hours during the day and will probably continue doing so for a while
- I dream feed her at 10PM and she typically wakes up once during the night (not too bad, but I long for uninterrupted sleep)
- Becoming a pro at holding her head up
- Smiles and coos a lot… she is so sweet (she was flirting with the doctor today, ha ha)
- Starting to use her legs to “stand” and kick
I love seeing her personality shine through more and more every day.
Love love LOVE her so much. ❤
The end of maternity leave is always the hardest… I remember feeling the same way with Elliot. My anxiety levels are sky high and the thought of leaving my baby girl for 8+ hours a day is heartbreaking. However, I keep telling myself it’s for the best, because it really is. I think I just need to accept the fact that I’m going to feel anxious, scared, and downright upset until we get into a good routine.
I think what worries me most is that Mila isn’t yet sleeping through the night. When I went back to work with Elliot at 12 weeks he already was, but Mila will only be 9 weeks when I go back to work so she’s not quite there yet. She’s getting better, but I still have to get up a few times each night and it’s exhausting. How will I be able to balance lack of sleep AND work? I know I can do it, but it’ll be hard.
I’m also worried about her transition to daycare. She will be going to the same in-home daycare Elliot goes to which is great, but I’m worried she won’t nap well there… she’s so used to sleeping in her crib. And if she doesn’t nap well during the day it’s going to wreak havoc on our evening / night time schedule.
This too shall pass.
THIS TOO SHALL PASS.
I’m a hormonal mess.